VMware Communities
MALIK_ADEEL_IMT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I Cant not ping VM from Clients machines

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I have One Vm machine which in on my client domain, He can ping from HOST to VM and VM to HOST but can't ping that VM from other clients machines which are present in his office.

Your urgent reply will be very help full.

Details can be given on request.

Principle System Engineer

NetSol Technologies

Lahore Cantt Pakistan

Malik Adeel Imtiaz Principle System Engineer NetSol Financial Suite NetSol Technologies Lahore Cantt Pakistan 54792
0 Kudos
23 Replies
mlubinski
Expert
Expert

Well from my point of view, there is something misconfigured on "router side". You are in 2 different networks, that must be routed to be able to connect. If you have such possibility I would first check ping results between default gateways (coz I think there is some issue).

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

[I]If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points[/I]
Gerrit_Lehr
Commander
Commander

I agree with that. You should try to reach the VM from other systems within the same subnet. If that works, you are having some kind of routing issue. Might be a misconfigured router or missing routes on the other client / VM. If nothing help, try debugging with a packet tracer to see wether packets get los on the way to the VM or on the way back etc. Also, check packet filters and acls not to block the traffic.

Kind Regards,

Gerrit Lehr

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Kind regards, Gerrit Lehr If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
MALIK_ADEEL_IMT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank u soo very much mlubinski and Gerrit.Lehr

Let me asked my client to check them immediately.

Then i will bother you ppl again.

Principle System Engineer

NetSol Technologies

Lahore Cantt Pakistan

Malik Adeel Imtiaz Principle System Engineer NetSol Financial Suite NetSol Technologies Lahore Cantt Pakistan 54792
0 Kudos
mlubinski
Expert
Expert

don't forget to award us some points Smiley Wink

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

[I]If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points[/I]
0 Kudos