VMware Communities
Dumby
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to use different windows for different OSes?

Hi all,

First of all, happy new year and best whishes for you, your families, your friends and relatives.

Now, let's back to WS9.0.1.

With the old WS 7.0 release, I could have different windows on my desktop running different OSes.

e.g., on my Windows 7 host, I could have 1 Windows Xp window, and 1 Ubuntu window and 1 OS/2 window, all running at the same time but each one in its own window and detached from the WS main window.

With WS9.0.1, how to "detach" any OS window from the "main" VMware Worstation window ?

I've tried to drag and drop a running window on my desktop but nothing works.

Your help would be very appreciated, if there is any solution.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers.

Prior to send the arrow of thruth, plunge the head in the honey pot.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
abirhasan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think this is not possible.

a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

All the best for the new year to you too.

What I usually do if I want to have the VM's in their own window, is to start them using the VMware Player version that's install as part of VMware Workstation.

André

Dumby
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi André,

Thank you for the idea, but VMware palyer has a "HUGE" bug !

I've an AMD FX 8150 8 core CPU.

Both VMware Worstation :

VMWARE-PLAYER-0.PNG

and VMware Player allow me to create a VM using 1 CPU with 8 cores (translated by VMware as 8 CPUs).

VMWARE-PLAYER-1.PNG

However, even if VMware Player allows me to create such a VM with 1 CPU and 8 cores, it doesn't allow me to "Play" it since VMware Player send the following error message : "This virtual machine is configured to run with 8 CPUs, but VMware Player supports only up to 4 CPUs. The virtual machine cannot be powered on !"

VMWARE-PLAYER-2.PNG

Oops !

It's just crazy that such a bug wasn't repported before.

Cheers.

Prior to send the arrow of thruth, plunge the head in the honey pot.
0 Kudos