VMware Communities
Antman147
Contributor
Contributor

How to set Multiple Monitors on Windows 10 Guest in Windowed Mode (Not Full Screen or Unity)

Hi,

I am having difficulty figuring out how to setup a Windows 10 Guest (Running on Workstation 12 on a Windows 10 Host with 6 physical monitors) in windowed mode (i.e. not full screen mode, not unity mode, but rather having the VMware Workstation Application window stretched across monitors) to detect multiple monitors.

On a Windows 7 guest it works fine, i can simply click 'Detect' under the Screen Resolution Control Panel App, which then shows a 'Another Display not detected' monitor, which can then be selected, and i can select 'Try to Connect to VGA Anyways' from the 'Multiple Displays' drop box, which then enables me to select the 'Extend Desktop to This Display' option.

However on a Windows 10 guest (when Workstation is running in Windowed mode) it simply will not detect any additional monitors (even if i manually set the number of monitors in the virtual machine configuration from Auto Detect to 2, 3 or however many monitors), or at least it doesn't display an option to 'Try to Connect to VGA Anyways'

Any assistance here would be much appreciated, as my usual workflow is to use Windows Guests in a VMware Workstation Application Window stretched across multiple physical monitors.

0 Kudos
0 Replies