VMware Communities
gbohn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to remove a VM from 'My Computer' library in WS 8

Hi;

I recently did some system 'house keeping' by deleting a few old Virtual machines (on Windows 7 64-bit). I ended up deleting them from the disk outside of Workstation 8 thinking I could just remove them from the Workstation list.

I opened Workstation 8.0.6, and I went to the 'My Computer' tab. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I expected to be able to right click on the entry for the VM and 'remove' it from the list.

Instead, right clicking only gives me the choice of 'open'. Open doesn't work of course because the VM isn't there any more.

Am I missing something? What is the way to remove a deleted VM? (Or even a non-deleted one for that matter).

Even for machines I still have, I can't find a 'remove' option. (The closest thing I see is Manage/'Delete from disk' which is more drastic than just removing it from the list).

Thanks;

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gbohn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

O.k., I forgot that there was a separate 'Library Pane' (I normally have it hidden). I was thinking that the 'My Computer' tab was where I removed VMs when it was really the Library list I needed to work with.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
gbohn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

O.k., I forgot that there was a separate 'Library Pane' (I normally have it hidden). I was thinking that the 'My Computer' tab was where I removed VMs when it was really the Library list I needed to work with.

0 Kudos