VMware Communities
dance84
Contributor
Contributor

How to make dual-monitoring in VMware Workstation with OS Windows 2000

Hi @ all

I`ve got a question to VMWare's Workstation. I installed a Windows 2000 OS inside the virtual machine. I heard that Workstation 6.0 can manage dual-monitoring in a virtual machine, so i installed

the workstation.But it doesnt`t work correctly. I made 2 monitors in the settings of the whole VM and started it, but there was only one monitor supported., Which settings must I also make to get two monitors inside the VM. I already installed VMWare Tools either. In the virtual Windows i cannot choose two monitors, there is only a "VMWare SVGA 2 Video Driver".

What should I do ? What must I do to get two monitors ?

Thanks for help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
louyo
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I don't think dual monitors is supported in W200K guests. At least that is what it says when I try to add a second monitor in my W2K guest.

Lou

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Lou is correct (based upon forum posts by VMware employees) - multiple monitors supported in Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008 guests only, due to code complexity on older Windows guests' video driver model.

dance84
Contributor
Contributor

Ok Thanks for your help.

I know that dual-monitoring was available in the "real" Win200k with at least Service Pack 3. Maybe this would help ??

Greez

0 Kudos