VMware Communities
H0P3
Contributor
Contributor

How to get 60 day trial license?

Hi,

Under my account info when I go to trials I only see the download page. After download and install how can I get an actual 60 day trial license key? The workstation works for 30 days by default or I need to input the license key.

I cannot find any part under my profile where I can get trial licenses. Tried to search on google, and on community forum, only found vauge topics about it.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pwilk
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

There is no 60-day trial for VMware Workstation anymore and that's why you can't find such key. The only available trial option is 30 days.

60 day trial is available for other products such as VMware ESXi and VMware vSphere.

Cheers, Paul Wilk
0 Kudos
H0P3
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply Pwilk,

Then the download/licensing information isn't clear under that area, it does state 60 days... But it is okay thank you.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Do you have a link on that?

Not sure if I can convince VMware to address it, but I can at least point the right people to it and ask them nicely to fix the documentation.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
Zevus
Contributor
Contributor

First, sorry, this is necro of incredibly old topic.

Second, the misleading link is here:

Evaluate VMware Products

"VMware provides two ways for you to try our products free for 60 day"

"Personal Desktop", "VMware Workstation Pro", then "Download Free Trial", there is no special note or anything on this.  The download page does not note it is 30 days instead of the 60 mentioned.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

It should have a note about that it is only 30 days for Workstation and Fusion.

Perhaps Mikero​ can get that fixed.

The other solution is to extend the trials of these products to 60 days, but I doubt that will happen.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos