VMware Communities
kingzslayer
Contributor
Contributor

How to connect server installed on vmware from outside

Hi All,

I have installed Windows Server 2008 R2 in my vmware workstation. I am able to ping and connect with it from my another vmware machine and from may host computer but how to connect my server vmware machine from outside my network. How to connect my vmware server machine over the internet.

Please guide me.

Regards

Ayush

6 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

To access a virtual machine from outside, you either need to configure the VM's virtual network as "Bridged", or use "NAT" with port forwarding. Which option fits best depends on your requirements, i.e. the number of ports that need to be accessed.

André

0 Kudos
kingzslayer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi André

I am using my server vm as "Bridged", but can you tell me how can I achieve the following? I am unable to figure out how to access my server vmware machine from outside.

Can you explain me what are the things I have to do to achieve what I need.?

Regards

Ayush

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

If your VM is set to Bridged and it has Internet/Network Connectivity then this is not a VMware issue per se and accessing the VM remotely is no different then accessing a Physical Machine on a Remote Network.  You'll probably have to configure your Router to allow access from the WAN side to get to the VM, either allowing Port Forwarding to the VM's IP Address or putting it in the DMZ.  Consult the documentation for you router or you could use software like Team Viewer.

I'd suggest you Google something like: how to access my computer remotely

Have a look at this 9 part tutorial: Home networking explained, Part 1: Here's the URL for you

kingzslayer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi WoodyZ

Thanks for the link. I will have a read it and if found any problem I will let you know.

Regards

Ayush

0 Kudos
skitheo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I suggest you mark the question as "Answered" since WoodyZ has answered it.

0 Kudos
kingzslayer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi WoodyZ

Apologize for the late reply. I read the article suggested by you but I think my router is not capable to set Dynamic DNS (DynDNS or DDNS) service. Is there anyother method to achieve this?

Regards

Ayush

0 Kudos