VMware Communities
zejulio
Contributor
Contributor

How to automatically backup a running VMWARE Workstastion virtual machine?

Hello,

I need a way to automatically backup a running vmware workstation virtual machine, is it possible?

The best way I found to do this is to stop the machine, create a snapshot, start the machine, and then close that snapshot to other place, so this way the downtime of the machine is the lowest possible...

Is there a way to make this automatic or at least simpler?

Thanks,

JS

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As your post needs moving to the area for Workstation Pro, I have reported it to the moderators.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
zejulio
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, I've missed that, you can close it and I post a new one on the correct place.

I've checked it's on the correct place. thanks!

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Wil has written a very good utility to provide this feature - see https://www.vimalin.com/

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please do not create a duplicate post, or it will just need reporting too.

If you look at the path above your opening comment, you'll see that this post has now been moved.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos