VMware Communities
YFang
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to automatic login and run app in Guset(win8) by vmrun commands?

Hi guys,

vmrun -T ws -gu tester-gp tester runProgramInGuest [image] -interactive [cmdline] "/c c:\*.bat"  

what i want to do is login win8 and run *.bat automaticlly, the command above works fine on Guset(win7)but it does't work on Guset(win8), the host machine is win7. How to reslove this problem? And I think the problem is caused by the new UI(metro) of win8

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YFang
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

In fact, it is caused by the metro ui. CMD cannot be launched in this condition. I tried skipping the metro and then it works fine. Any way, thank you very much for your answer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

FWIW In reading the Description of the runProgramInGuest vmrun command it looks as though it's intended to be used with compiled executables not scripts when compared to the runScriptInGuest vmrun command.  Have you tried using runScriptInGuest vmrun command instead?  Additionally, change the scripts extension to .cmd and use the cmd.exe program as the Interpreter.

YFang
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

In fact, it is caused by the metro ui. CMD cannot be launched in this condition. I tried skipping the metro and then it works fine. Any way, thank you very much for your answer.

0 Kudos