VMware Communities
chetan3361
Contributor
Contributor

How to I connect two Guest Machines using VMWare 10

Hi,

Please help me to I connect two guest machines in VMWare 10. Both machines are able to ping the host machine but not to each other.

Regards,

Chetan Chaudhary

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Some details about the network configuration would be helpful. Anyway, please double-check that the VM's don't have a firewall rule (default for new Windows versions) which bocks the pings.

André

0 Kudos
chetan3361
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Andre,

Thank you for your quick reply. I have connected the Guest to Host using NAT and Host-Only. Please check the attached Image for more information on my network configuration.

Regards,

Chetan Chaudhary

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

When you say "... using NAT and Host-Only." does that mean you tried both, and the VM's were unable to reach each other while using the same settings, or do you have one VM configured for NAT and the other one for Host-Only? The VM's will only be able to talk to each other, if both of them are configured in the same VMnet, and use an IP address in the same subnet.

André

0 Kudos
chetan3361
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have connected one VM using NAT and other using Host-Only. Both VM having the same subnet IP. Please let me know how do I connect both VM using NAT? Sorry for the basic qurestion. ( I just started to learn VMWare).

Regards,

Chetan Chaudhary

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

You can assign the virtual network to each VM's virtual network adapter in the VM's settings. Which network type to use depends on your needs. However, in order for virtual machines to be able to communicate with each other they need to have the same network type assigned.

André

0 Kudos
chetan3361
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Andre,

I have tried to add two VM Networks using NAT but it showing error that I cannot able assign NAT to two VMs. Please suggest.

Regards,

Chetan Chaudhary

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

From what you write, I think you are trying to configure the settings in the Virtual Network Editor!? This is not the place to do this. The Virtual Network Editor is used to define different/additional virtual network. What you need to do is to open the virtual machine's settings, select the network adapter and select the required network there.

André

WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

After having read this thread I strongly suggest that you read the documentation, especially chapter 5 "Configuring Network Connections"! Smiley Wink

chetan3361
Contributor
Contributor

Problem Solved. Smiley Happy

Thank you Andre and Woodyz...

Regards,

Chetan

0 Kudos