Contributor

How do you switch from one OS to another using VMware

How do you switch from one OS to another using VMware

0 Kudos
6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

What do you mean by this? The question doesn't make sense.

0 Kudos
ndamnf
Contributor
Contributor

Actually this is one of the question that i had in my assignment and honestly speaking i couldn't comprehend what it meant. That's why i brought it here.

I think the question is actually asking "How you switch from one OS to another when using VMware". I also have some other questions that i can't really answer them since i am still new to the concept of vmware. Please i will really appreciate your help..

Question.

1) How you switch from one OS to another when using VMware

2) Do you need a licensed copy of each OS you wish to include in the vmware?

3) What is the VM machine being used for?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

These questions still don't make sense.

1) How you switch from one OS to another when using VMware

VMware is the name of a company, not a product. So what are we asking here?

2) Do you need a licensed copy of each OS you wish to include in the vmware?

Again, "the VMware" is a company name. What are we talking about?

3) What is the VM machine being used for?

Also doesn't make sense. A VM is a container and can be used for anything. What is being asked specifically?

0 Kudos
ndamnf
Contributor
Contributor

I am new to this whole VMware stuff. I think the question are being asked about a VMware work station.

1) How do you switch from one Operating System to another when using VMware work station?

2) Do you need a licensed copy of each Operating System you wish to include in the VMware work station?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

How about start here: Where are you seeing these questions?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

1) How do you switch from one Operating System to another when using VMware work station?

The VMware Workstation GUI uses tabs for the different guest operating system's consoles. You can switch between the guests by selecting the appropriate tab.

2) Do you need a licensed copy of each Operating System you wish to include in the VMware work station?

Yes. VMware Workstation only provides the platform to install the operating systems. Proper licensing is still required.

André

PS: Discussion moved from Vmware Experts to Workstation Pro

0 Kudos