VMware Communities
Jake1042
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How do I "Configure Adapters" when using "Bridged" Network Adapter in Workstation?

If I run the VMware Player I have the button "Configure Adapters" on my Network Connection. Here I can specify which physical network card I want to use when selecting "Bridged".

This is not possible from the VMware Workstation Player...

How do I here specify which physical network adapter I want use in "Bridged" mode?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

You need to extract the Virtual Network Editor files from the Workstation Pro installer to use on a system with only Player installed.

0 Kudos
Jake1042
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I can't "Configure Adapters" on neither the Workstation nor the Player - they are installed on the same PC. Before I installed the Workstation I only had the Player - and here it worked.

But after installing the Workstation - it does not show the button "Configure Adapters" any more on the Player.

How do I extract the Virtual Network Editor files from the Workstation Pro installer?

I have the installation files as a downloaded application: "VMware-workstation-full-14.0.0-6661328"

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

I believe you need to run the installer and let it install everything.  Then copy the required files for the virtual network editor to another location.  Then uninstall Workstation.  You will then be able to reinstall Player, and then move the files back into the appropriate folder.

You may or may not have a button to launch the editor, but you can always run the exe directly.  With Workstation, I know there is a Start Menu icon for the VNE.

0 Kudos
Jake1042
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

that's complicated...

As I have the Workstation - I can just run my VMware from here.

I have now found the VNE - and made it work. Thanks.

0 Kudos