VMware Communities
jmteo
Contributor
Contributor

How do I create a network in workstation that consists of two vms on different subnets, and get them to talk to one another, and also the host machine?

Hi guys,

Someone might have asked this question before, but after doing quite some research on how to achieve this, I still cannot find a solution to it, thus I am asking this question here with the hopes that someone can point me in the correct direction as to how to solve the problem I have on hand. I am trying to create a network that has one vm (CentOS 7) on the 13.0.0.0 subnet and another vm (Windows 10) on the 33.0.0.0 subnet and have them talk to one another and also the host PC. I have tried to put both this VMs in a single large subnet using an NAT adaptor (vmware 😎 with a subnet ip of 0.0.0.0 and mask of 128.0.0.0. However, I run into issues in both CentOS and Windows in trying to get the network up and running with this settings, as 0.0.0.0 is also the loopback address for the systems. Could someone kindly advise me as to how you would go about trying to create such a network? Thanks and have a pleasant day ahead Smiley Happy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
rkr002
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think the following article describes what you need:

Set Up Routing Between Two Host-Only Networks

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workstation-Pro/14.0/com.vmware.ws.using.doc/GUID-87995B4F-5945-4A...

0 Kudos