VMware Communities
benynug
Contributor
Contributor

How To Configure Virtual Network Adapter Using Ubuntu's Terminal

Dear experts,

Recently I got an access to four virtual machines (with Ubuntu 12.04 Guest) via ssh by running the "ssh user@ipaddress" command on my Ubuntu's terminal.

Then I want to configure their network adapter as a Host-Only by having the following configuration:

1. VM1 connect to VM2 via VMNet1 on VM1 and via VMNet1 on VM2

2. VM2 connect to VM3 via VMNet2 on VM2 and via VMNet1 on VM3

3. VM2 connect to VM4 via VMNet3 on VM2 and via VMNet1 on VM4

4. All VMs connect to NAT via VMNet0

I attached the example figure for this configuration.

The problem I have is, I don't have access to their VMWare, I can only access then on my terminal.

Is there any ways to configure the network using commands in the terminal (CLI commands)? As far as I know, we can do it in VirtualBox by using vboxmanage commands. What is the equivalent for that in VMWare?

Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Amanda63
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Welcome to the communities.

Did you checked with putty or winsok ?

please find alternate

http://alternativeto.net/software/putty/

If I have lost confidence in myself, I have the universe against me.
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

First of all, I am using Windows 7 as a host. Then I install Ubuntu 12.04 Guest under VirtualBox.

Then I get an access to the other four virtual machines (also Ubuntu 12.04 Guest) via ssh by running the following command in my Ubuntu Guest' terminal:

ssh user@ipaddress 

Then I want to connect those four virtual machines in an Internal Network, is there any ways to connect them under my Ubuntu Guest? I'm confused since I can only access those four virtual machines via ssh on my Ubuntu's terminal.

EDIT:

What I mean by "connect" is to physically connect them using their ethernet. For example, VM1 connect to VM2 by using eth1 on VM1 and eth2 on VM2. I can do this in virtualbox, just add network adapter "Internal Network" for both of them. But as I said, I can only access those VMs via my Ubuntu's t

0 Kudos