VMware Communities
DeronW
Contributor
Contributor

Host clock skew

I am running Workstation Pro v.15.5.0. Both the VM that I use and my host run Windows 10. Whenever I do not have an internet connection, Workstation tells me that a host clock skew has been detected and it suspends the VM. I've previously used Windows 8 VMs (possibly with Workstation v.15, but for sure with v. 14) and this did not happen. Can anyone tell me how I can use my VM offline?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Susie201110141
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Could you upload your vmware.log for the effected VM ?

0 Kudos
DeronW
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply. Things really hit the fan for me so I haven't been able to get the log until now. Partly because I'm a bit paranoid so I need to time to redact some info. Namely, some names have been changed to protect the innocent. 😃

You'll see the host clock skew stuff start around line 1625.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VMware Tools installed and running? If so, got the time sync enabled in the VM settings?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
DeronW
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Tools installed and running? If so, got the time sync enabled in the VM settings?

VMware Tools? Absolutely! Can't live without it.

Time sync enabled? Presuming you mean the Options tab > VMware Tools > Synchronize guest time with host checkbox. I've tried with that checkbox checked and unchecked and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It was worth a try...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos