VMware Communities
DemonDante
Contributor
Contributor

Host and NAT virtual network adapters are registered on "unknown network" with public network profil

I noticed that an update for vmware workstation was recently released, so I had gotten my hopes that, maybe, just maybe the bug (until proven otherwise) that I had reported had been fixed. Beyond disappointed to find that it has not been resolved. So, I guess I need to create another making VMware aware of the issue.  Which I am more than willing and able to do as many times as needed until this is addressed.

I am using the latest version of vmware workstation pro on a windows 11 pro operating system. I have noticed that the NAT and Host virtual network adapters that are installed on the host operating system are registering to an "unidentified network" with public network profiles:

2022-01-19 10_08_39-Clipboard.png

2022-01-19 10_09_16-Clipboard.png

Some progress, however miniscule and insignificant to the problem, seems to have occurred with the latest version of vmware workstation, as the number of listed networks in virtual network editor now correctly matches the number of virtual network adapters configured on the host, unlike before where two adapters were configured on the host for every network in the virtual network editor.

2022-01-19 10_39_16-Network Connections.png

I have attempted re-setting and re-installing the virtual network adapters numerous times using the reset settings function in the Virtual Network Editor, but that has not resolved the problem. The virtual network adapters appear to still function as intended as far as the guests configured to use those network adapters are concerned, but this issue (which only occurs in windows 11) creates issues on the host, specifically due to the presence of the two public network adapters. A good example of is when trying to configure windows remote management on the host. It is not possible to configure windows remote management on a machine with public network adapters present. This appears to be a bug with vmware workstation. If it is not, advice on how to fix would be awesome. If it is not, then it would be very much appreciated if you would fix your product, an opportunity that this is post is meant to provide vmware.

0 Kudos
0 Replies