VMware Communities
DomTheGamer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Help plzzz... Cannot get VMware workstation to recognize my gpu.

Makes everything glitchy under graphic stress.

How do i make vmware recognize my gpu/use it.

I have a gtx260

intel q8200 @ 3ghz

8gb of ddr2 ram

750i mobo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You need to install the VMware tools package in the guest. That includes the driver for our virtual video card.

Can you post a screenshot of something that's broken so I can see what you mean?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Can you describe your situation a little more clearly. How are things glitchy? I have a nearly identical setup at home (2.5ghz quad core instead of 3.0, same video card, same northbridge) and haven't had any issues.

Are you running Workstation on a linux host or a windows host? Running Latest drivers, etc? Do you get any error messages?

0 Kudos
DomTheGamer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

im running vista 64bit (original os) and windows xp pro 32bit on workstation

i tried playing a gamein workstation, but everything is SUPER glitchy. i even play 2d games, they glitch a lot.

I set aside 2.5gb of ram for it, so i know its not that, and i can kinda see some graphic glitches (box looking patterns)

do i need to install drivers on the workstation too?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You need to install the VMware tools package in the guest. That includes the driver for our virtual video card.

Can you post a screenshot of something that's broken so I can see what you mean?

0 Kudos
DomTheGamer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i take back what i said,it does seem to be a gpu issue (i checked both screen, just appears to be a company issue)

and yes i already had vmware tools installed.

But, what would the problem be then, because in the host os, everything runs fine and smoothly, mouse moes around and character moves smoothly, while in workstation, it updates like every 4 seconds. this game is barely

even high quality...

0 Kudos