VMware Communities
synth-app
Contributor
Contributor

Help, annoying issue with grabbing input in workstation 6.5

I have this issues in 2 vm's I run. When my vm's are in full screen I have the toolbar auto hide out of view. But when I mouse up to it to change a setting the toolbar pops back down and grabs input, which is normal. But when I try to switch input back to the guest, my guest mouse is stuck behind the "press ctrl alt to release input" balloon which switches input back to the host, and if I wait for the balloon to go away and click the mouse to bring input to the guest, the ballon comes back right were the pointer is and switches input back to the host. Please tell me there is a way to kill that ballon, or fix this problem. I tryed to take a movie of this situation but the move only captures what the vm sees, and not the toolbar or a ballon.

anyone else have this problem or know a solution?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
leye0
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have the same problem here. Did you find how to get rid of that kind of "permanent tutorial wizard balloon" ?

0 Kudos
Scissor
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Try upgrading to VMware Workstation 6.5.1.

What OS is your Host running? What OS is your Guest running?

0 Kudos
TRobison
Contributor
Contributor

I'm running Workstation 6.5.2 build-156735. I also have this annoying popup ballon. Its very distracting. It just started happening today after a reboot. Could it be VMware Tools related?

0 Kudos