VMware Communities
toca1337
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Help? Virtualized Windows 7 in Workstation keeps saying username/password incorrect?

I am running a virtualized Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit using VMware Workstation 7.0.

In the past, I had not set a password to log into my administrator account (I am the only user). Without a password, Windows 7 boots up in VM and logins automatically without any problem.

Recently, I created a password for the same account. Now, whenever I boot up Windows 7 in VM, the OS will say "username or password is incorrect". Each time, I have to re-enter the password to continue the login. I have reset and retyped the password of the user account in Windows's Control Panel, but the same authorization problem still occurs.

Can someone help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Try the following:

Run "control userpasswords2" and check “User must enter a user name and password to enter this computer” for the Administrator.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Try the following:

Run "control userpasswords2" and check “User must enter a user name and password to enter this computer” for the Administrator.

André

0 Kudos
EVW
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Have you installed a program that installed a service that starts up with login credentials. In that case you need to change these credentials as well.

0 Kudos
toca1337
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you. That fixed it. Is there a place that allows me to reset the auto login password from the control panel without using this hidden user accounts setup?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

That's actually in the same dialog as above. After you uncheck “User must enter a user name and password to enter this computer” and click "Apply", another dialog window should open, asking you for the autologin password.

André

0 Kudos