VMware Communities
mashed6
Contributor
Contributor

!HELP] VMware workstation networking problem !

Hi dear community!

I have a problem which i cannot seem to solve by myself.

I got one client inside workstation which can ping my physical PC without problem. Thought it cannot ping the other machines in my network besides the physical one. I have been trying all of the vmware workstations configurations or so i believe, and at the moment i am using bridged so it shouldnt be a problem..

Please help me if you know a simple solution to this issue, a non-simple works aswell!! P.S i need this to be solved quite fast so any help is very much appreciated.

// Kim

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

When using Bridged on Multihomed Hosts (more then one Physical NIC) then the default of Automatic for VMnet0 (or any VMnet that is Bridged) needs to be set to a specific NIC in the Virtual Network Editor as the default setting does not always work well.  (Even on a Host with one NIC I disable automatic bridging and set the target NIC.)

Does the Virtual Machine have basic Internet/Network Connectivity?  If yes then this is really not a VMware issue per se and you need to troubleshoot/diagnose the issue just as if it were a Physical Machine as the same basic networking troubleshooting/diagnostic methods/methodologies apply.

mashed6
Contributor
Contributor

thank you very much for your reply WoodyZ but i solved the question myself. It was a problem with the installed VM so i made a new one and it seemed to work this far. But ill be in touch if it malfunction again.

/Kim

0 Kudos