VMware Communities
regenenci
Contributor
Contributor

Guest operating system did not respond inserted U disk

host operating system:Windows 7 Build 7100

VMware Workstation :6.5.3

guest operating system :Windows XP SP3

Under normal circumstances, should be, plug in the U disk, the host operating system, automatically find driver (for the first time insert U disk, is to find the host operating system, U-disk drive, click the security to remove U disk, and then the focus back to VMware, the guest operating system will automatically look for U-disk drive), then, the guest operating system automatically find drivers, guest operating system can use U disk

However, the present situation is that the host operating system and guest operating system no reaction (in the host operating system, click on the Safely Remove U After Hours)

Request help

0 Kudos
5 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

for others reading this post ... I guess U-disk means USB-disk ???

VMX-parameters- VMware-liveCD - VM-Sickbay

0 Kudos
regenenci
Contributor
Contributor

U disk means USB flash drive

0 Kudos
regenenci
Contributor
Contributor

Help

0 Kudos
newbie93
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This won't help too much, but I am seeing the same exact problem since I upgraded from 6.5.2 to 6.5.3. Occassionally, when I plug in a USB flash drive, the guest or the host doesn't see the drive. It's like it was never plugged in. No power is applied to the thumb drive (light doesn't come on). When this occurs, I just unplug and plug back in again and then, like magic, it works the next time... ???????

Exact same hardware was used with 6.5.2 so I think the hardware is ok. Using same host and same guest. There seems to be some issues with 6.5.3 and thumbdrive detection.

Workstation 6.5.3

Host: Win XP SP3

Guest: Win XP SP2

0 Kudos
regenenci
Contributor
Contributor

Your question and my question is there are different places

0 Kudos