VMware Communities
techcheese
Contributor
Contributor

Guest OS only displays top-left corner when 3D graphics are turned on

Hello,

I'm fairly new to VMware and VMs. I first noticed this problem when I went to create a new Ubuntu20.04 VM and as soon as it powered on I only saw the top-left corner outside of the usual display area, and the usual display area was glitchy. I tried powering on my old VMs, same problem.I searched forums and enabled the virtual printer, didn't work. I disabled the 'Accelerate 3D graphics option' and fixed! The display returned, however my mouse is glitchy. I tried changing the option under 'Edit'>'Preferences' and then Input to find 'Optimize mouse for games'  and changed to all three 'auto', 'always', 'never', but that didn't do much. When I unclicked 'grab mouse by mouse click' that got rid of the glitchyness and made my mouse go to the bottom-right corner.

I'm not sure what's going on here and I would very much appreciate any ideas on how to move forward.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bonnie201110141
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

With 3D enabled, when you click View > Fit Guest Now, is the display normal? Or when you click View > Full Screen, is the display normal?

0 Kudos