Junes92
Contributor
Contributor

Guest OS LAN Ports states synchronized with physical states

Hello, I'm having trouble using VMware.

I've installed openBSD 4.0 under VMware Workstations PRO 16

I've using VMware in bridge mode using a Physical NIC with four ports. Each port is specified in VMnet0, VMnet1, VMnet2, VMnet3 and I did set VM configuration select custom mode to specify Each Physical ports
The problem I'm experiencing is that even if I remove the Physical LAN port, it's still show connecting states on Guest OS.
Can I synchronize this with a physical LAN port states and remove the LAN port to show it unconnected on Guest OS?
That is, if I remove the physical each LAN port, I want to make the each LAN port look 'unconnected' on Guest OS.

I am not fluent in English because it is not my native language. Please excuse me.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

In the VM settings, under the network adapter settings, there should be a checkbox to "Replicate physical network connection state".  I see this is only under the Bridged selection, but it may work for custom as well.

By the way, have you removed the default Host-Only virtual switch VMnet1 and replaced it with your custom physical NIC?  It's usually best to leave the default VMnet1 (Host-Only) and VMnet8 (NAT) switches alone, and use any other unused ones for custom physical NICs.

0 Kudos
Junes92
Contributor
Contributor

I've already tried that method. In the Custom setting, the "Replicate physical network connection state" checkbox is not enabled.
After setting up all four ports on VMnet, select Bridged mode, and check the checkbox, but it was confirmed that it was still connected.
In other ways, after checking the checkbox in Bridged mode, the custom setting did not work properly.

Or is there another way?

Also, I was using VMnet1 after changing it. As you said, I will use VMnet2 to VMnet5. Thank you.

0 Kudos