VMware Communities
wbwb13131
Contributor
Contributor

Game crashing instantly

Hi, i was able to get the client of the game running by adding monitor_control.restrict_backdoor = "TRUE" and SMBIOS.ReflectHost ="TRUE" into my VMX File, and deleting driverdesc value in REGEDIT. Upon logging in, the game instantly crashes. After checking event viewer, it was crashing with the error code 1000. Anyone knows why? Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We have little to go on here.

What game?

What is your host OS version
What version of Workstation are you running?

What is the guest OS in your VM?

What hardware do you have? CPU, memory, disk

Can you post any errors or screenshots?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
wbwb13131
Contributor
Contributor

Game :Maple Private server called VeracentMS

Host OS: Windows 10

Workstation version : workstation pro 15.5 , tried on ws pro 12 too

Guest os : Windows 10 pro/home tried both

hardware: tried on both my alienware m17xr3 and asus zenbook ux533FTC having the same errors on both

Picture attached was with SMBios.Reflecthost = "TRUE" and monitor_control.restrict_backdoor = "TRUE" included in VMX file, only with these 2 lines was i able to get my launcher running

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

The program tries to do something it cannot.

Error 0xc0000005 is either:

STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION                                        ntstatus.h

# The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The

# memory could not be %s.

or

ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED                                            winerror.h

# Access is denied.

The ones who really know why, or at least who can find out what happens are the people who developed the game.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
bethbar
Contributor
Contributor

try this,

From Virtual Machine==>Settings==>Display panel, make sure the option '' Accelerate 3D graphics" is checked.

Re: Problem with graphics tools to play a game - VMware Technology Network VMTN

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

You are trying to cheat the "am I running inside of a VM" check that the vendor of the game apparently added to his software.
I assume that you would get a more reasonable message like "This app can not be used inside a virtual machine" without the extra parameters.
As far as I know there is no way to cheat a properly implemented "am I running inside of a VM" check - so assume that the vendor of the game has done a good job and just does not care about displaying a more descriptive error-message.