VMware Communities
ScrapDog
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fullscreen

I have a question and i cant find an answer,

Is there any way to start de VMRC.exe with a shortcut and enter it in fullscreen ?
I want a shortcut on my desktop (windows 10) and when i click it it need to be start in fullscreen.

Can anybody help me ?

Greetings,

Enrico

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fabio1975
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Ciao 

you have three options, two with Full-Screen Option and one without full-Screen option (unfortunately this is with VMRC)

VMware Workstation

"C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmware.exe" -f -H 192.168.1.201 -M 35

VMware Player

"C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmplayer.exe"  -X -H 192.168.1.201 -M 35

VMRC

"C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Remote Console\vmrc.exe" vmrc://root@192.168.1.201/?moid=35

Where 192.168.1.201 is IP or FQDN of ESXi and  MOID or M (35) the identification of VM (found with this command on ESXi Host vim-cmd vmsvc/getallvms)

The option -f (Workstation) -X (Player) are for open the session on Full-Screen Mode

The vim-cmd vmsvc/getallvms output is:

fabio1975_0-1621370202258.png

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

View solution in original post

7 Replies
fabio1975
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Ciao 

Check if this post in the community can help you:

Solved: VMWare Remote Console 10 start fullscreen from com... - VMware Technology Network VMTN

The VM you need to connect to is active on workstation or ESXi, it's not clear to me.

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog

wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Instead of VMRC use vmware-kvm.exe (it's in your vmware workstation folder somewhere) and pass it the vmx file.

It's awesome.

Doc is here: https://blogs.vmware.com/workstation/2014/03/whats-cool-vmware-kvm-utility.html

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
ScrapDog
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

@fabio1975 

It dont work, i dont know what kind of path i neeed to type with does (look like) mac adresses. 

0 Kudos
ScrapDog
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

@wila

This one is working but my vm's running in ESXi, on the local pc it works, but how can i connect to a ESXi workstation ?

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

You didn't mention "ESXi" and posted this at the workstation section of the forum, so I didn't consider that.
AFAIK then you're back to VMRC.

For the connection URL have a look at William Lam's site:
https://williamlam.com/2011/10/how-to-generate-vm-remote-console-url.html

There's probably some invocation for vmware-kvm (like it doesn't complain about --host as a parameter),  but I'm not patient enough now to figure out. VMware player used to have a remote option as well.. back in the day.

See my post here from 2009...
https://planetvm.net/blog/?p=330

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
fabio1975
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Ciao 

you have three options, two with Full-Screen Option and one without full-Screen option (unfortunately this is with VMRC)

VMware Workstation

"C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmware.exe" -f -H 192.168.1.201 -M 35

VMware Player

"C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmplayer.exe"  -X -H 192.168.1.201 -M 35

VMRC

"C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Remote Console\vmrc.exe" vmrc://root@192.168.1.201/?moid=35

Where 192.168.1.201 is IP or FQDN of ESXi and  MOID or M (35) the identification of VM (found with this command on ESXi Host vim-cmd vmsvc/getallvms)

The option -f (Workstation) -X (Player) are for open the session on Full-Screen Mode

The vim-cmd vmsvc/getallvms output is:

fabio1975_0-1621370202258.png

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog

ScrapDog
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you,

It works fine now. I can get fullscreen running vm aat once 🙂 🙂

I only have to find out how to set the resolution correct. But i guess that will be no problem.

Thanks again, you where a gretfull help.

Regards,

ScrapDog

0 Kudos