VMware Communities
paragkalra
Contributor
Contributor

Free products of VMware ?

Hello Friends,

I am not sure if this is the right section to ask this question but because I am searching for a VMware desktop product, I am posting it here.

So far I have been using VMware Server in the company with which I work. Now I would like to use it at home also.

I just wanted to know which all products of VMware are free and what is their limitation?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
paragkalra
Contributor
Contributor

One more question.

I also wanted to know the VMware products which are free and that can be installed on Linux ?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Server, Player, and ESXi are all available free of charge. Server and Player are hosted products and will work on Linux. ESXi is a bare-metal product and has stricter hardware requirements. You probably want Player or Server.

We have some other free products such as Converter, but they're probably not what you had in mind.

martyfelker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi!

As I just posted on another threadd I've paid VMware $675 for Workstaion whicn now includess Player <at the same release level - download the standalone version of Player and you's have to unistalled your paid for version of WS - another money maker for VMware, Inc). But I can't find links to the free versions of server and convertor. Can somebody from VMware on this post the download links?

Thannks

Marty Felker

President Black Ridge Computer

Marty Felker
0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Click each appropriate product's download link. Note that you must be logged in.

And, since Workstation costs $189, if you paid somebody $675 then you should request your money back as you got ripped off!

0 Kudos
martyfelker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you Mr Petruska!

I'm partiuclarly interested in beginning to learn about authoring

virtual appliances.

Marty Felker

president - Black Ridge Computer

Marty Felker
0 Kudos
paragkalra
Contributor
Contributor

Is VMware Server 2.0 free?

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

paragkalra wrote:Is VMware Server 2.0 free?

Yes (which you could easily see from going to the product page ).

paragkalra
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks RDPetruska & etung

0 Kudos
martyfelker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dear paragkalra:

Just follow the link from Mr RPetruska in this thread.

Marrty Felker

Black Ridge Computer

Marty Felker
0 Kudos