VMware Communities
CarrotGuy
Contributor
Contributor

Fixing USB Arbitration Causes Intermittent Network Problems

Ok, For starters, I am using an AMD system, 890FX chipset, 6core thuban, 8GB RAM.

I believe everyone is pretty familiar with the USB arbitration error, which basically negates the ability to connect specific usb devices to vmware stations.  The fix that I found, that is easily found on the web, is to go into registry, and delete the usbfilter.sys line

That solves the USB problems, just fine, except that now, my computer has a new error, which causes intermittent network connections.  The fix is to disable and re enable the adapter, and it will work fine for 1-5 hours and then will again have limited connectivity.  Renewing IP sometimes works, but disable always does.  Though I am using wifi, via usb, I had the same problem on a different computer which was wired and almost exact same setup, 790FX.

Either way those are only temporary fixes, and the problem only occurs after I delete the usbfilter.sys registry (just one tiny reference).

To the VMWare Team, this is obviously unacceptable, Ive had this product for over a year, and it is still not ready for a commercial environment.

To the VMWare Community, please if you have any idea how to help me solve this problem, I'd really appreciate it, I dont know what else to do.

Thanks all

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CarrotGuy
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to add that the network connection problems I now have, are on the host machine, with or without vmware running.  And of course, if the host loses internet, they all lose internet.

0 Kudos