VMware Communities
AniYPc421
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Failed to open the virtual machine

Hello everyone,

There was something wrong with my VMware Workstation.

The problem only appears in version 14,and there was nothing wrong in version 12.

When I tried to open the virtual machine,the program didn't respond for a moment,and then it reported an error.It says:

"VMware Workstation cannot connect to the virtual machine. Make sure you have the right to run the program, access all directories used by the program, and access all temporary files directories.

Failed to connect the pipe to the virtual machine: the system cannot find the specified file."

When I tried to open the program with administrator privileges and click the open icon again,it reported an error first:

“(Title:vmware-vmx.exe - application error)The application cannot start properly(0xc000007b).Please click the icon to close the application.

After I closed it,it reported an error first again soon after.

"VMware Workstation cannot connect to the virtual machine. Make sure you have the right to run the program, access all directories used by the program, and access all temporary files directories.

The VMX process has been withdrawn early."

And then it had to stop.

How to deal with these problems?

(I'm so sorry that my english is not good,but I think you can understand what I say.Sorry...)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AniYPc421
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Oh, the problem has been solved. With the Directx fix, you can successfully open it, which seems to be a problem with the C++ runtime. Give this method to people who have the same problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AniYPc421
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

By the way, my "VMware Authorization Service" Service has been opened and set for automatic.

0 Kudos
AniYPc421
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Oh, the problem has been solved. With the Directx fix, you can successfully open it, which seems to be a problem with the C++ runtime. Give this method to people who have the same problem.

0 Kudos