VMware Communities
IT_Arch
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Export failed: File (<VM folder path>\autoinst.flp) could not be found.

I am trying to export Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 server as an OVF file and I get the following error:

Export failed: File (<VM folder path>\autoinst.flp) could not be found.

It works for my other OS's as well as Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Desktop.  I have Workstation 10 on a windows 7 machine and Workstation 11 with the latest patch on Ubuntu 14 LTS Desktop and get the same error when trying to export that specific OS.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IT_Arch
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I resolved this issue myself.  The original VM had its hardware settings pointing to autoinst.iso.  It didn't have that file and when I ran it the error didn't prevent the VM from booting up.  I cloned that VM and the hardware settings had the floppy disk pointing to autoinst.flp.  I removed that hardware setting and now I can create an OVF file for it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
IT_Arch
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I resolved this issue myself.  The original VM had its hardware settings pointing to autoinst.iso.  It didn't have that file and when I ran it the error didn't prevent the VM from booting up.  I cloned that VM and the hardware settings had the floppy disk pointing to autoinst.flp.  I removed that hardware setting and now I can create an OVF file for it.

hoangducnhat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank

0 Kudos