VMware Communities
NoelC1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Errors/Warnings During Win 10 Guest Startup

Host:  Win 8.1 Pro/MCE, VMware Workstation 11.1.3 build-3206955

Guest:  Win 10 Pro, build 10586.36

The guest boots up okay, but I'm seeing several errors logged repeatedly in the Win 10 guest's Application Event Log that imply the VMware Tools package isn't  quite right:

Error 1000: 

Description:
[ warning] [vmsvc:vmsvc] SOCKET failed to create socket, error 10047: An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used

Error 1000:

Description:

[ warning] [vmsvc:vmsvc] SimpleSock: failed to create socket, error 10047: An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used

Also at some level the system is detecting a "USB Error" at bootup, though I can't seem to find an Event Log entry for it.  I see that one show up in the Reliability Monitor only:

ScreenGrab_01_09_2016_121835.png

The guest is actually a tidy and well-behaved Win 10 system that otherwise seems to work just fine.  There's nothing I've noticed that I can't do with it.  I'd just like to work out all the unexplained errors / warnings.

Can you suggest something I can reconfigure or update to avert these warnings / errors?  Or to investigate further?

I hope this is not a case that if I really want to run an updated Win 10 VM error-free I need to upgrade to VMware Workstation 12, though I understand that this is a possibility.  Whenever the guest is newer than the virtualization software there is that risk.

-Noel

0 Kudos
0 Replies