VMware Communities
florianfreitag
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Error with Workstation 12.5 (unrecoverable error, access violation, 0xc0000005)

Hi,

we have VMware Workstation Pro 12.5 here running on a new Windows 10 PC with a nvidia geforce GTX 1070 and an Intel Core i7.

After installation we have a problem when starting vmware workstation. After starting the application an error message appears (see screenshot below). This shows an access violation with error code 0xc0000005. So we can use vmware by ignoring this message. But when clicking ok, vmware workstation closes. The vmware player works fine. We also deactivated 3d support for all vms. But with no effect.

We tested a lot of things and found out, that when the pc is connected to the internet, the error doesn't came up. But when we use vmware offline the error cames up - but only the second time we start vmware offline.

By the way we have a valid licence and some other pcs running very well. But this pc should be a demonstration pc and MUST run offline. I've attached some error logs and support data, hope that helps.

Thanks for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

This sounds suspiciously much like this issue:

Re: How to resolve Workstation Crash (vmui) - Access Violation?

Solution apparently is to add a DNS entry to your NIC config.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

2 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

This sounds suspiciously much like this issue:

Re: How to resolve Workstation Crash (vmui) - Access Violation?

Solution apparently is to add a DNS entry to your NIC config.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
florianfreitag
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you very, very, very much! That was the solution to my problem!

0 Kudos