VMware Communities
FMaruf
Contributor
Contributor

Error when trying to install VMware Workstation on Windows 7

Hi,

I am trying to install VMWare Workstation on Windows 7 machine but while installing I am getting below erroe:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

An error has occurred in the script on this page

Line:   1498

Char:   7

Error:   Expected '/'

Code:   0

URL:  file:///C:/Users/UserName/AppData/Local/Temp/vmware_1387286925/index.htm?lang=1033&locale=1033

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Yes/No

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If I click Yes or No the install window goes blank and nothing appears to be happening.

I am attaching screen shot for your reference.

I will be thankful if anybody will try to help me for instilling VMWare Workstation.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
xindayu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi FMaruf,

Thanks for using Workstation!

We are really sorry you ran into this issue!

To help us investigate this issue further, would you please collect the support data for us?

Here are the steps:

1. Open the installation folder of Workstation, for example, the default folder is : “C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation”.

2. Run the “vm-support.vbs”, it will create a zip log file.

Please upload the log and we will get back to you asap!

0 Kudos
FMaruf
Contributor
Contributor

Hi xindayu,

Thanks for your reply.

There are only two files in "C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware Workstation" folder and “vm-support.vbs” is not available in the folder. Apart from this there is no "VMWare Workstation" folder.

Please advice.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
FMaruf
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I would appreciate your help in this matter.

0 Kudos
FMaruf
Contributor
Contributor

Finally I am able to install VMware Workstation on my Windows 7 machine.
Steps:

1.  Extract Setup file by using command prompt as follows in some folder:

C:\TempForVMInstall\VMware-workstation-full-10.0.0-1295980.exe -e C:\TempForVMInstall

2. Execute appropriate .msi file from extract folder in command prompt. Don't forget to pass EULA acceptance argument as follows:

C:\vmptmp\vmwareworkstation_x64.msi EULAS_AGREED=1

Its DONE!

You will get VMware workstation installed.

0 Kudos