VMware Communities
unisci
Contributor
Contributor

Error: vcpu-0:ASSERT devices/lsilogic/lsilogic_monitor.c:1078

Hello,

When trying to boot a Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit guest from a physical partition on a Windows 7 host, I get the following error message:

vcpu-0:ASSERT devices/lsilogic/lsilogic_monitor.c:1078

We rely on your feedback to improve the quality of our products. Please submit a support request describing the problem at the Web page "http://vmware.com/info?id=8". Please attach the log file (C:\Users\unisci\Documents\Virtual Machines\Ubuntu Test\vmware.log) and the core files (C:\Users\unisci\Documents\Virtual Machines\Ubuntu Test\vmmcores.gz, C:\Users\unisci\Documents\Virtual Machines\Ubuntu Test\vmware-vmx-debug-3984.dmp).

To collect data to submit to VMware support, choose "Collect Support Data" from the Help menu.

You can also run the "vm-support" script in the Workstation folder directly.

We appreciate your feedback,

-- the VMware Workstation team.

The version of VMWare Workstation is: 8.0.2 build-591240

Unfortunately the webpage doesn't let my file a support incident, even if the error message asks me to. Smiley Sad

Is there any address where I can send the log and crash dump file to?

Or is there a workaround? I've already tried changing the adapter type (IDE/SCSI), which had no effect.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Welcome to communities!!

What's is the Ubuntu code name you are trying to boot? Check this version of Ubuntu is supported in WS 8.

If so file a support request with VMware, the following URL will help you.

http://www.vmware.com/srfile/?rct=j&q=file%20support%20request%20vmware&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDIQFjA...

Can you upload the log file C:\Users\Joe\Documents\Virtual Machines\Ubuntu Test\vmware.log? We can have a quick look and find out if its a known issue.

0 Kudos
unisci
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! Thanks for the nice welcome!

Workstation 8 is supposed to support Ubuntu 11.10 (and the live CD or a guest installed in a file-based virtual disk boots without problem). I'Ve attached the debug log that was created.

0 Kudos