VMware Communities
Jasesun
Contributor
Contributor

Error "A requested power operation is already in progress"

Hi all,

Having a bit of a problem with Workstation Pro 16 running on Windows Server 2016.

For some reason all my VMs that I open now flag up the above error "A requested power operation is already in progress" and I cant seem to find the cause.

I have read a few posts on forums but they all seem to point to a issue where a VM is still running and has been locked which does'nt sem to be te issue here as all the VMs start and run fine.

I have uninstalled and re-install workstation pro 16 twice now but the same error still exists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

J

0 Kudos
3 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

When the VMs start inspite of that message read the vmware.log from that start. Maybe it has some additional information ?

0 Kudos
Shai58341
Contributor
Contributor

Same version of VMware same problem "A requested power operation is already in progress."
The action took before this point:
While was in suspend I took Snapshot.
Went back to older snapshot...Start it...
My PC closed because high temperature. When it cool down restart my PC but try to run the VM and got this massage.
Pressing all available buttons of power, but all of them came with the same results. 

0 Kudos
Shai58341
Contributor
Contributor

I've solve it.
I stop all services of VMWARE in my host computer. 
Then restart the one by one and Miracle, everything is fine 🙂

0 Kudos