VMware Communities
RollinTwinz
Contributor
Contributor

Error Code: 0X80070570 When Installing Win Server 2016 DC on Workstation 12

Hi All,

Hoping for some help getting a new Win Server 2016 Datacenter setup in a virtualized environment. I've been trying for the past couple of days and for the life of me cannot get the installation to complete. It's failing with Error Code: 0x80070570. Now I've done plenty of research on this and still can't seem to put my finger on what is causing the error.

Steps Performed So Far:

1. Verified MD5 Checksum on multiple files. Confirmed all were valid and not corrupted.

2. Updated BIOS Drivers on my Host OS (Windows 10 64bit)

3. Attempted install from ISO file attached to the Virtual Disk in VMware

4. Attempted install from DVD containing ISO

5. Changed Virtualization Engine to all available options, and also tried checking the Virtualize Intel VT-x box

6. Attempted install on SSD and on a standard WD HDD

I don't know where to go next and this is driving me nuts! I really need to get a home lab setup soon and I would rather not throw a whole Win Server OS over-top of one of my other WIN7 & WIN10 installations.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have enabled Full debugging and attached the latest vmware.log file.

Thanks in advance!

Marcus

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AKinAK
Contributor
Contributor

probably a moot point by now but I just had a similar issue with 2 new hosts attempting to install 2016 on them directly to make them hyper-v hosts.  the issue turned out to be the cheap 8gb usb drives I had been given to use.  I carry a 128gb PNY USB 3 drive I bought many years ago and turned it in to a 2016 install drive and it worked. (not plugging for them... just being specific because I don't know what specific difference made it work).  the 8gb drives were verbatim.

0 Kudos