VMware Communities
mwapnitsky
Contributor
Contributor

Error 22792

mwapnitsky_0-1671547928837.png

Created new VM using VMware vCenter Converter Standalone.  Got error above.  Ran converter again, got same results.

Help please.

Thanks.

Marvin

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shen88
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@mwapnitsky, seems the converter is corrupted or has issues with the source files. Please check the current version and see if you could install the latest version 6.3.0 using the link below to download.

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/downloads/info/slug/datacenter_cloud_infrastructure/vmware_vcente...

Also, refer the below release notes for details.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/vCenter-Converter-Standalone/6.3/rn/vmware-vcenter-converter-standalone-6...

Please note: You cannot upgrade to VMware vCenter Converter Standalone 6.3.0 from previous versions. If you have a previous version of Converter Standalone installed, uninstall it and then install Converter Standalone 6.3.0.

If you think your queries have been answered, Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful" and consider giving kudos to appreciate!

Regards,
Shen
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
mwapnitsky
Contributor
Contributor

The conversion was done with VMWARE 6.3.0.  I took your advice and completely uninstalled it.  Rebooted the PC and then newly downloaded and installed it.  Unfortunately, same result.  Any further insight would be much appreciated.

My need for this conversion is that :1.  I cannot get an existing VB6 app to successfully access Microsoft Outlook in Windows 11 and 2.  An existing license for an old Adobe product cannot be reauthorized on the new PC because Adobe has discontinued the licensing server for my old product.  These both work on the native machine, but it would be highly desirable to have it run in a VM.

Thanks in advance.  I would even consider allowing remote access to my old pc so that you could run the conversion to see if it can be successful at your end.

Marvin--Happy holidays to all.

0 Kudos