VMware Communities
bytesreverser
Contributor
Contributor

Easy Install not available for windows 10 2004 build

Hi easy install for windows 10 2004 is not available and it takes time and reboot n so on and dowsnot get installed.

I have 1909 build.img from microsoft i can easy install it,plz support it

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mits2020
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I am not sure I understand your question. I am assuming you want to install Win 2004 as a Workstation guest but you only have the Win 1909 .iso and you want to avoid the lengthy update procedure.

You can do a fresh install using the latest Win 2004 .iso which is currently available via the Media Creation Tool in Microsoft Corporation

0 Kudos
bytesreverser
Contributor
Contributor

No, i have two img of windows 10 build 1909 and windoes 10 build 2004 latest may update

Bot are img

I goto install windows 10 in vmware and when i select 1909.iso img it says easy install detected and u can select version you want to install like pro,home,education etc and it installs windows 10 easily

When i goto select iso of latest build 2004,it says unable to detect operating system so i select manually windows 10 x64 which needs to install manually and it is not getting install taking time and rebooting n hanging there.

So hopefully new build 2004 should be able to get detected by vmware so easy install option can be seen when installing windows 10 2004 build in vmware

0 Kudos
Mits2020
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "easy install".  You mean selecting Install from "Installer disk" in the New Virtual Machine Wizard?

Personally I use only the "I will install the Operating System later" option and configure afterwards the guest to boot from the installation .iso (I don't like too much automation and "user-friendliness"). I did this 2 days ago and installed successfully Windows 2004 Home. The installation said that it found no previous Windows so I just selected the Home edition from the list of 6 or so options. Why do you find this is not easy?

0 Kudos
bytesreverser
Contributor
Contributor

Yes ,you skip it whereas if you provide the iso before it automatically biits from cd to install

So when you select iso it shows easy install on windows operaitng system maybe others too which VMware can detect whereas when it is unable to detect it shows unable tondetect and next popup it shows select the operating system manually to let vmware know which is that .iso is for

For easy install vmware needs to add support for build 2004 as old iso images are detectable for easy install in vmware.

Anyway i rerun it now i was able to install win 10 pro 2004 , but easy install option is unavailable

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What version of Workstation are you using? Only 15.5.5 and later support that Windows version as a guest OS.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos