VMware Communities
trevwhite
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ESXi 7.0 Keyboard and Mouse Stuck

I've installed ESXi 7.0 inside vmWare Workstation 15.5.5, I've done this before with older versions without issue, but in this version I find everything works fine until you click into the console then you cannot get your keyboard and mouse back unless you shutdown the ESXi Server.

Has anyone else found this and if there is a workaround?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
trevwhite
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I did do a search, all of the issues I could find was not being able to interact with the guest, this issue was not being able to get the keyboard and mouse back to the host.

However today, I installed Workstation Pro 15.5.6 which fixed the issue

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you browse or search this forum area you will see other threads reporting keyboard/mouse issues, with workarounds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
trevwhite
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I did do a search, all of the issues I could find was not being able to interact with the guest, this issue was not being able to get the keyboard and mouse back to the host.

However today, I installed Workstation Pro 15.5.6 which fixed the issue

0 Kudos