VMware Communities
jj0999
Contributor
Contributor

Dialog box scaling issue with VMware Workstation Pro 15 messages

When I check for updates or work with specific dialog boxes from VMware Workstation Pro 15, I get this scaling bug that extends the dialog box across my multi-monitor setup:

pastedImage_0.png

I am currently using a 4K monitor (200% scaling) and a 1080p monitor (100% scaling). The setting to automatically fix blurry apps is also disabled:

pastedImage_0.png

I am on the latest Windows 10 1809 update with the latest November cumulative update applied to this system. Whose at fault here? Microsoft? VMware?

Tags (2)
26 Replies
Richey_S
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 10 with the latest Workstation 14 update to 14.1.7.  The problem is still there.

Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Richey_S
Contributor
Contributor

Head scratch.......

I have a work around for this that seems to work for me, but it seems a bit dumb.

Launch Workstation onto your large attached display, not the laptop one.

Maximise the window and right click to remove a virtual machine, you should still get the dialog box off the screen.

This time.....

Don't maximise (or leave maximised), but select Full Screen from the view option on the tool bar.

Then remove a virtual machine.  The dialog box appears as the correct size.

To get this launching as a default every time.  Edit the shortcut and put a -f on the target line.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmware.exe" -f

Then when you get it working as you like it, close the full screen window by holding Left-Ctrl and clicking on close.  It will then launch the same way each time.  It's not great, but it works for me.

Nope it's terrible.  Why would I upgrade to Workstation 15, when it's not fixed in that either.  Or I might ditch Windows 10 and try it on a Linux Desktop.  

Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
psammer
Contributor
Contributor

I had this problem with version 14.

Updated today to version 15.0.4 build-12990004: no changes, still the same problem

0 Kudos
hahakiki2010
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

VMware has fixed this issue in Workstation 15.1.0 that is to be released soon. Pls give a try with this new version that is supposed to resolve your issue

0 Kudos
Zongmin
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi all,

If you experienced this long dialog scaling issue, this has been fixed with VMware Workstation 15.1 that was just released today - VMware Workstation 15.1 Pro Release Notes

Pls upgrade this latest build and let us know if the issue is gone.

Enjoy using Workstation!

Thanks,
VMware Workstation Team

tramp20
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

After a long time of waiting the dialog box is ok again.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Lane2
Contributor
Contributor

Fixed in 15.1.0 build-13591040

0 Kudos