VMware Communities
BjornSH
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Delay between boot of virtual machine in folder.

I used teams a lot in workstation 7, but in workstation 8 they have been replaced by folders.

One of the great thing about teams was the ability to control the delay between boot of different VM's.

In workstation 8 I can only find a general option under edit preferences. I gues the only way to get around it is to script the boot order or is there an option that I missed?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

According to a discussion last week from one of the VMware developers, yes - scripting is the best answer.  He stated that the old method of delaying the startup wasn't exactly accurate anyway, and recommended scripting.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

According to a discussion last week from one of the VMware developers, yes - scripting is the best answer.  He stated that the old method of delaying the startup wasn't exactly accurate anyway, and recommended scripting.

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you can set a boot-delay for each specific VM by editing xml-files - but how this works exactly has still to be discovered

BjornSH
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You got me searching in the right direction, the setting in the vmx file is:

bios.bootDelay = "<milliseconds>"

so bios.bootDelay = "120000"  waits for two minutes

That solves my problem thanks.

0 Kudos