VMware Communities
little_cute_cat
Contributor
Contributor

DEFECT: Windows 10 (Creators Update) won't play videos on VMWare 12.5.6! NEED URGENT HELP PLEASE!

Yes. I have checked on Ubuntu 16.04.2 latest version and Windows 10 latest version. It just won't play videos (.mp4 and .avi at least i tried) can anybody please also confirm that? or maybe any suggestions on how to fix it will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

details: I have installed the official iso from msdn (March 2017 updated iso). This wasn't a result of any sort of upgrade. just clean install of 1703 version (OS Build: 15063.413) of windows.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
little_cute_cat
Contributor
Contributor

Yea appereantly vmware community is waste of time to ask and share experiences. because noone gives a ****. thanks.

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Number one, realize that this community is primarily other users like yourself.  Coming on our own time. 

If nobody else has had the experience you have, we can't give an answer or suggestion.

However, if you search through the forum, you will find numerous issues with the Windows 10 Creators Update - apparently Microsoft really broke some things.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

As RDPetruska says, this forum depends on volunteers.

Here's my default text on that:

For your information, the Community Forum is not an official support-forum and is not actively monitored by VMware Support or Product Managers.

This is a community based forum where VMware Workstation users help other users.

So most of the time -like now- you get an answer from a volunteer.

As a side note there are VMware employees who keep an eye on the forums and try to help out, but they might not see every post and most - if not all of them - are doing so in their own free time.

To get official support please go to: Workstation Support and open a ticket at Get Support

As I volunteer my time I also tend to avoid topics that state "URGENT" and have exclamation marks, because then it starts to smell like work and the person asking is already unhappy and expects me to reply as if he/she paid for support...

Yet another reason you got no replies is that you don't really supply the required information in order for us to help you and what is supplied isn't clear.

We just have to guess that your host is Windows 10 Creators Update that you are having problems with and not your guests.

It is unclear if you have installed VMware Tools, it is unclear what the settings are of your virtual machines, it is unclear that it worked well before you installed Windows CU, it is unclear what kind of hardware you are running on..

How about start telling more details and add the vmware.log files from your guests with the issues.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos