VMware Communities
duplex28
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Creating a Network - Please Help

Hi Everybody,

I am trying to create a network lab where I am installing on the 1st vm machine - Windows 2008 R2. This vm machine will have a static ip address i assigned from my home network. This server is also the DC and DHCP Server.

Next I have installed 3 vm machines with windows 7.

My question is how do I get the Server to access the internet being bridge with the host network card but at the same time providing DHCP to the other 3 winodws 7 machines.

Config:

DC: 192.168.0.50

DG: 192.168.0.1 (Home Modem is the DG)

DHCP Scope: 192.168.0.51 - 60

I want to add the 3 Windows 7 machines to the domain.

I would appreciate anybody help with this or if you could point me in the right direction where it documented in a non confusing way. I am new to this.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scorpion99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Instead of bridging the machines , just put your DC and the Windows machine in the same VMnet , and in your DC , put the Home Modem IP as Gateway

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scorpion99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Instead of bridging the machines , just put your DC and the Windows machine in the same VMnet , and in your DC , put the Home Modem IP as Gateway

0 Kudos
duplex28
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for replying this question. When I choose let's say for example vmnet#5 - What are the option should I choose int he network editor?

1. Host Only

2. Connect a Host Virtual Adapter to this network

3. Use Local DHCP Service

I am not sure what to choose when setting my the NIC adapter.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Read Chapter 5, Configuring Network Connections, in Using VMware Workstation! Smiley Wink

duplex28
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for all your help. I willhave a read and see if I can get it going.

0 Kudos