VMware Communities
richleone
Contributor
Contributor

Could not open /dev/vmmon: No such file or directory. Please make sure that the kernel module `vmmon' is loaded.

I have spend DAYS on end working this, no luck @#!@$#

I have uninstalled, reinstalled countless times and followed an insane number of documents all to no prevail

Machine is a Fedora 19 x64

issue is VMWare Workstation 10

immediatley AFTER the install, IF from Konsole, i run vmware, the console stays open and logs this....

root@AcerFedora Downloads]# vmware

Logging to /tmp/vmware-root/vmware-modconfig-30517.log

Failed to get value for `/desktop/gnome/interface/menus_have_tearoff': Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:

Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

(vmware:30512): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to rename '/root/.recently-used.xbel': No such file or directory

(vmware:30512): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to create file '/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.T0VP8W': No such file or directory

(vmware:30512): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the permissions of `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: No such file or directory

(vmware:30512): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

Then when i try to run the new VM (its not loaded yet, just created, there is no OS yet)

i get a popup >>

WIndow on start ERROR >>

Could not open /dev/vmmon: No such file or directory.

Please make sure that the kernel module `vmmon' is loaded.

then click OK

new popup >>

Failed to initialize monitor device

Click OK

then new popup >>

Unable to change virtual machine power state: Internal error

click OK

and back to where you started..

UGHHH

Please assist as i am a NEWBIE

thanks so much

0 Kudos