VMware Communities
ROTEX
Contributor
Contributor

Cookies and IP Adresses of Virtual Machines

Hello everyone, I just got my VMWARE now and I'm trying to set up some virtual machines.

I'd like the 4 virtual machines to all have different IP addresses that differ from each other and the host.

Meaning, I want them to be their own individual computer entirely. How can I go about that, please?

Also, I wanted to ask if cookies gotten from a website on a Virtual Machine are stored on the hard disk of the host or if they are linked to the other Virtual Machines.

I'd really like for Virtual Machines to not share/communicate with each other at all and be standalone computers individually.

Hope to hear from y'all soon

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@ROTEX 

Moderator: Please advise which VMware product you are using so this thread can be moved to the correct area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
nitina
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

We will be addressing the Skyline health diagnostics.  More details, here https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Skyline-Health-Diagnostics/index.html

0 Kudos
ROTEX
Contributor
Contributor

I'm running 2 Kali Linux OS and 2 Windows 10 OS

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@ROTEX 

But which VMware product? What do you mean by "my VMWARE" in your opening comment?

Saying "my VMWARE" is like saying "my Microsoft" when you could be talking about an XBox, Word, Azure, and so on...

Is your physical system a PC running Windows or Linux? If so, VMware Workstation.

Is it a MacBook? If so, VMware Fusion.

If it's something else, what is it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
ROTEX
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, i didn't know.

My physical PC runs Windows
So VMWare Workstation

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@ROTEX 

Moderator: Moved to Workstation Pro Discussions, nothing to do with Skyline.

0 Kudos
ROTEX
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You

0 Kudos