VMware Communities
AnimatedAneurin
Contributor
Contributor

Connecting two VMware Workstations on different hosts

Hey,

So I have a Virtual Machine on my Laptop which is Windows Server 2016 and I also have a Virtual Machine on my Desktop which is Windows 10 Pro. I have setup both Operating Systems correctly as I have done this on host before. What I'm trying to do is connect my Windows 10 pro to my domain on Windows Server 2016. It all works out perfectly as I can ping both machines physical and virtual but when I try to add my Windows 10 pro to the domain I get the following Error: "The specified Network Name Is No Longer Available" - I check the Logs and everything in the logs say It's all Valid. It sees the domain name and It Sees the IP. Both Virtual Machines are a Bridged Network so It it connecting straight to the Physical Adapter, Firewalls and AV are Turned Off, IP's are Static, DNS is correct, No Errors are found except that one error that I get when trying to connect to the domain

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Does the Windows 10 VM use the Domain Controller's DNS server for name resolution? If not change the network settings on the Wind10 client accordingly, to see whether this allows the Domain join.

André

0 Kudos
AnimatedAneurin
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not quite sure what you mean? If you're asking if my preferred DNS Server on my Windows 10 is my Servers IPv4 Address then yes it's set to that

0 Kudos