VMware Communities
codergeek
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Connecting internal network from host

Having 3 virtual machines and they are on different VMNET1 --- VMNET2 --- VMNET3 internal networks. I want to connect my Host to virtual machine that in vmnet3 internal network. How to configure it?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mits2020
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I would suggest to try reducing the variables for troubleshooting the issues.

- Start with only one guest on the default Virtual Networks (press "Restore Defaults" on the Virtual Network Editor depicted below) using one NAT VMnet.

VMnet.jpg

Legend: Sample default virtual networks, after having pressed "Restore Defaults". Verify that you have only three 3 VMnets.

In WS version 15.5.5 do not use "Automatic" for bridging, use the actual hardware from the drop-down list.

- See if you can "access VMx(VMNETy) files, using ftp, etc." the way you need.

- Then add a second guest and possibly a second VMNet (if this is what you need) and see what works.

- Finally, add the third guest.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mits2020
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Could you please provide more details, for example are these 3 virtual machines running on the same host or on 3 different hosts? And what do you mean by 3 "internal networks"?

0 Kudos
codergeek
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes they are running on the same host but different internal networks. I want to connect VMNET4 to HOST and HOST to VMNET4.

---HOST---

VM1 (VMNET2)

VM2 (VMNET3)

VM3 (VMNET4)      

HOST <------> VMNET4

0 Kudos
Mits2020
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I want to connect VMNET4 to HOST and HOST to VMNET4

Please explain what precisely you mean by 'connect', i.e. what do you want to do? If you e.g. want to see the host's files from the guest you should use Shared Folders.

0 Kudos
codergeek
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am meaning of i want to access VM3(VMNET4) files, using ftp, etc...

0 Kudos
Mits2020
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I would suggest to try reducing the variables for troubleshooting the issues.

- Start with only one guest on the default Virtual Networks (press "Restore Defaults" on the Virtual Network Editor depicted below) using one NAT VMnet.

VMnet.jpg

Legend: Sample default virtual networks, after having pressed "Restore Defaults". Verify that you have only three 3 VMnets.

In WS version 15.5.5 do not use "Automatic" for bridging, use the actual hardware from the drop-down list.

- See if you can "access VMx(VMNETy) files, using ftp, etc." the way you need.

- Then add a second guest and possibly a second VMNet (if this is what you need) and see what works.

- Finally, add the third guest.

0 Kudos
codergeek
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I didn't add VMnet4 network in the virtual network editor. I added VMnet4(Host-Only) network and configure DHCP settings then on the virtual machine i give manual ip adresses. The problem solved. I can see virtual machine from HOST. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos