VMware Communities
Korrupt
Contributor
Contributor

Connect from WIN98 to WIN7 mapped network drive

Hi all,

I'm running Windows 98 with VMware Workstation on a Windows 7 host. I want to give the Windows 98 guest access to a mapped network drive on my windows 7 host. I've read that the shared folders aren't working under windows 98 so my next step would be to do it over TCP/IP. The problem is that I can't share a already mapped network drive on my Windows 7 host for my Windows 98 guest. I can't connect directly to the server, which is sharing the needed folder, as it doesn't allow WIN98 to connect and I have not possibility to change that.

My first thought for a workaround:

Create a new folder on my WIN7 host and let it synchronize all 30 (?) seconds with the mapped network drive and connect to this folder from WIN98 guest.

I haven't tried this yet but I can imagine that this would not be a stable and clean solution. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Hans

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Assuming the VM has basic network connectivity then this really is not a VMware issue and is simply a Windows User Issue and would be the same if between two physical machines running the same OSes.  Google probably is a better resource for finding networking solutions between Windows 98 and Windows 7! Smiley Wink