VMware Communities
linuxguy00
Contributor
Contributor

Completely sandbox workstation 6.5 linux VM

Hey guys,  I have a question that I've been having some trouble getting a straight answer.

We have a legacy winXP application that we run inside of a 6.5 Virtual machine on a linux host.  Instead of the user running the vmware app,  we actually start it up inside it's own VNC X server.  This works as well as we thought it would,  with just one problem,we do not want the user to access any of the VMWare toolbars at all.  They should only see windows and nothing else.

So I've had no luck trying to hide the darn toolbar completely.  and by completely I mean disabled-completely.

When I startup vmware with -Xq,  windows will boot up to the desktop and display the toolbar,  until the window gets focus,  then hide it up top.  But again I would like that to be gone completely.

It appears that if I select exclusive mode through that menu,  I can at least hide the whole thing,  but it is accessable.  At the very least,  I would like to be able to start up in exclusive mode by default.  But I can't find the command line switch or vmx paramater to set

Are there any other parameters I should try using to disable any user access to the vmware gui?

and FWIW we are stuck on 6.5.2 running on debian.

Thanks guys.

0 Kudos
0 Replies