VMware Communities
JoabFranco
Contributor
Contributor

Communication between a VM with two different networks from two physical cards on my host

I have a configuration problem, I imagine, in which I have a virtual machine that must communicate with devices from two different IP ranges, from two network cards installed on my host.
But the virtual machine only sees one, so for me to access IP1 that is in the plca 2 entry, I have to physically change my host to see the other IP.

That is, I have IP 172.28.8.xx and 192.168.10.xx, my host can see both networks. But in the VM I can only see the network that is on the first physical network card.
The VM settings are in bridge, and the VM appears two networks, with their respective fixed IPs, but when I try to ping each one only succeeds.
How to solve this?
Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You must state which VMware product is in use.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

How exactly did you configure the networks on the Virtual Network Editor (assuming that you are using VMware Workstation Pro)?
From what you write, you may need to assign a dedicated network adapter (instead of "Automatic") to vmnet0 (Bridged), and then create another Bridged vmnet to which you then assign the second physical network adapter.

André

JoabFranco
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation Pro
I selected Bridge only. (Network Adapter)
From what you told me I must, on the host, in Network Connection, open Bridge Connection with VMnet1 and VMnet8, only this?

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

No.  On the host, run the Virtual Network Editor.  Under VMnet0, unselect "automatic bridging" and specify one of your physical network adapters.  Then on one of the unused VMnets (2-7,9) specify your other physical network adapter.  In your guest VM settings, set one of the virtual nics to use bridged mode (which uses VMnet0), and the other to use Custom mode, and select the VMnet you attached your second physical adapter to.

0 Kudos