VMware Communities
wqedqwd
Contributor
Contributor

Commands like all that from vSphere and ESXI but to the local storage, like on my own external dirve??

Hi!

Are there any kind of way to edit and all that stuff(just the most important) that you can do with your server and edit the VMDKs and all that stuff, Can you do something similar to your virtual machines on your local drive on your computer??

Like if you want to modify E:\Program files\VMware\Macosx\ and then open a vmdk and be able to edit that in some kind, maybe cmd>>?

Please say yes because I don't want to copy all my big files to a server and do all the stuffs for creating a server when I just want to edit my original vmdk's CID??(and I know how to don't feel it necessary to copy/paste and recreate etc for doing that)?

PLEASE HELP!

-Nichlas

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vuvysoft
Contributor
Contributor

I needed to use a hex editor instead for my local files but then I should w8 VERY long time because it couldn't save because the file was in "Read-Only" mode...

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

wqedqwd wrote: Like if you want to modify E:\Program files\VMware\Macosx\ and then open a vmdk and be able to edit that in some kind, maybe cmd>>?

VMware does not support the running of OS X under VMware Player/Workstation!  Also, running legally virtualizable versions of OS X in a Virtual Machine may only be done when done on Apple-branded hardware and when done while running under OS X and for that you need VMware Fusion not VMware Player/Workstation, otherwise you're violating the Apple SLA for that product.  Therefore no help can be provided to you for OS X in this use case scenario as it would violate VMware Community Terms of Use to do so.

0 Kudos
vuvysoft
Contributor
Contributor

yup! End of this discussion.........

0 Kudos